Planning to get pregnant? You’re probably already thinking about maternity clothes, but you may be wondering whether or not it’s worth it to spend the money on formal maternity wear. The truth is that unless you plan on wearing your casual clothes during the rest of your pregnancy and beyond, it may be a worthwhile investment in your wardrobe. Here are seven tips for purchasing professional maternity clothes, so you can feel confident in your look throughout your pregnancy and beyond!
Picking The Perfect Design
Choosing the right design is probably the most important factor when it comes to professional maternity clothes.
You want something that looks fashionable and stylish, but is also comfortable and practical.
Formal workwear can be a great option, as it is usually designed to be comfortable and flattering. However, make sure you choose a style that you feel confident in and that you will be able to wear for a long period of time.
Picking The Perfect Fit
Pregnancy is an amazing time in a woman’s life, but it can also be a difficult one. Your body is changing and you might not feel like yourself. You want to feel comfortable and stylish at work, but finding fashionable and professional maternity clothes can be a challenge. Here are seven tips to help you find the perfect fit:
1. Choose comfort over fashion.
2. Find a style that suits your workwear needs.
3. Consider investing in key pieces that can be worn during and after pregnancy.
4. Shop around for the best deals on maternity wear.
5. Don’t forget about online retailers.
6. Get creative with your wardrobe choices.
Choose the Right Fabrics
When you are pregnant, you will want to focus on choosing the right fabrics for your clothing. You will want to avoid anything that is too tight, as this can cause discomfort. Instead, opt for materials that are stretchy and breathable. Natural fibers like cotton are always a good choice.
Additionally, you will want to make sure that the clothing you choose is comfortable. This means selecting items with a good fit that are not too constricting. You may also want to look for items that have adjustable features, like waistbands that can be adjusted as your body changes.
Think about Your Lifestyle
Try Before You Buy
If you’re new to the world of maternity clothes, it can be overwhelming trying to figure out what you need and where to buy it. But don’t worry, we’re here to help!
Here are some tips for purchasing professional maternity clothes
1) Figure out your size before looking at styles or colors – Visit a store that carries a wide variety of sizes and see what they have in stock in your size. You may find that you have to go up one or two sizes in some brands or go down one size in others.
2) Know your budget – How much do you want to spend on clothes? It’s easy to get carried away with everything else going on during pregnancy, but remember that clothing is an important part of being comfortable throughout your pregnancy as well as postpartum.
3) Know how many weeks pregnant you are when shopping – You may not need maternity clothes at just four weeks pregnant if you know they will grow quickly on your body type.
4) Stick to basics – Once you know your size and style preferences, stick to basic pieces like leggings, tunics, t-shirts and maxi dresses. They make finding outfits easier while also being versatile enough to dress up or down.
Professional Maternity Outfit Ideas
Pregnancy isn’t all about physical discomfort, it’s also about that unexpected swelling. Thankfully, with a little maternity fashion and these helpful tips, it won’t be too long before your wardrobe needs have completely changed. You will remain confident and efficient during your pregnancy if you wear cute maternity outfits you’ll love.
Dress With Open Blazer:
At the beginning of pregnancy, like in the first trimester, an open blazer can be a clever way to conceal your new bump, especially when people see you from the side. If you’re pregnant, wear a dress and a blazer to make yourself look professional. During pregnancy, you can wear an open blazer at any point, but the bigger your bump becomes, the more the coat will highlight it.
Mid-Length Patterned Dress:
Baby bump-emphasizing prints are best for concealing your pregnancy. Calf-length or mid-length dresses are ideal for those times you need to squat or bend due to the pregnancy.
Dresses that are shorter may ride up on your bump and become too short as the day progresses.
High-Waisted Skirt and Blouse:
Keep your professional style with maternity high-waisted pencil skirts and blouses. The skirt sits under your bust, so it won’t irritate your bump.
This look works well for a woman in the first and second trimester, but for women with a bump, the skirt will become progressively shorter as the belly grows.
Loose Blouse With Slacks:
Long maternity slacks or leggings worn with a long, loose blouse will cover your pregnancy as early as the first trimester, or later on in the pregnancy when your belly has grown bigger.
It may not be the ideal solution for a pregnant person who is not comfortable with tight clothing near the torso, but it is a quality dress option.
Comfortable Pant Suit:
During the third trimester, it is important to put comfort above style so search for trousers with a drawstring and tapered leg to stay fashionable and professional.
Finish off the look with a simple, comfortable shirt and an open blazer for a comfortable, modern maternity suit.