You can easily make your own lip balms at home, using products you probably already have in your kitchen cabinets or pantry. These homemade balms are natural, effective, and even better-tasting than store-bought balms you’ve tried in the past! But don’t just take my word for it; try this recipe out and see how easy it is! Here’s how to make your own lip balms at home in five simple steps
Step 1: Pick your favorite natural oils
The first step to making your own lip balm is to choose the right oils. Not all oils are created equal when it comes to moisturizing your lips. Some of the best oils for lip balms include coconut oil, Shea butter, and jojoba oil. These natural oils will help to moisturize and protect your lips from the elements. If you want a more intense treatment, consider using some shea butter or beeswax to seal in the moisture. Beeswax can also be mixed with any of the oils mentioned above. It helps to seal in the oils and make them last longer on your skin. It also has antibacterial properties that can prevent breakouts on your skin if used sparingly. Just remember not to apply too much of this ingredient as it might feel uncomfortable or cause an allergic reaction.
Step 2: Decide which flavor you want to go with
There are so many different flavors of lip balm out there, and it can be tough to decide which one you want to make. Do you want to go with a fruity flavor, or something more classic like mint? Maybe you want to get really creative and make a chocolate lip balm. The possibilities are endless! Once you’ve decided on a flavor, it’s time to move on to the next step.
Step 3: Add your chosen ingredients
If you’re using essential oils, start with just a few drops and add more to tastaspoons. Then, add the beeswax. Start with 1 tablespoon and add more if you want a firmer lip balm. Finally, add the honey and stir until everything is combined. The consistency should now be thicker and glossy. Add any extras like cocoa butter or vitamin E oil if desired.
Step 4: Pour into containers
Once your lip balm mixture has cooled, it’s time to pour it into containers. You can use any type of container you like, but small jars or tins work well. If you’re using jars, you can sterilize them by boiling them for a few minutes. Once they’re cool, dry them off and add your lip balm mixture. Fill each container to the top and screw on the lid tightly.
Step 5: Let your lip balm set
Once you’ve added all your desired ingredients to the bowl and stirred thoroughly, it’s time to let your lip balm set. The best way to do this is to pour it into small containers and place them in the fridge for about an hour. This will help the balm solidify so that it can be used later on. After an hour has passed, take your lip balms out of the fridge and they should be good to go!
DIY Shea Butter Lip Balm
Lip balm is one of those beauty products that we all use on a daily basis, but often don’t think twice about. However, store-bought lip balms can be loaded with chemicals and other ingredients that are not so good for our skin. If you’re looking for a more natural option, why not try making your own lip balm at home? It’s easier than you might think! Here’s how to make your own shea butter lip balms in five simple steps:
1) Mix together the ingredients (coconut oil, beeswax, vitamin E oil or almond oil) in a double boiler or microwave.
2) Remove from heat and stir well until the mixture has cooled down enough to touch it.
3) Add flavor oils like peppermint or lavender if desired.
4) Pour into containers of choice (make sure they’re easy to seal).
5) Allow them to cool completely before using them or putting lids on the containers.
DIY Hemp And Honey Lip Balm
1. Combine 1/4 cup of coconut oil, 1/4 cup of grated beeswax, and 2 tablespoons of honey in a glass bowl or jar.
2. Melt the ingredients together by placing the bowl or jar in a saucepan of simmering water.
3. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
4. Pour the mixture into a lip balm tube or tin and let it cool completely.
5. For an extra nourishing lip balm, stir in 1 tablespoon of hemp seed oil before pouring into tubes or tins.
6. Apply to lips as needed!
DIY Rose Lip Balm
1. Start by mixing together shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil in a small bowl.
2. Then, add in a few drops of rose essential oil and stir well.
3. Pour the mixture into a lip balm tube or tin.
4. Allow it to cool and solidify for a few hours.
5. Once it’s firm, apply the lip balm to your lips as needed.
6. Store any leftover balm in a cool, dark place.
7. Enjoy your homemade rose lip balm!
DIY Mint Chocolate Lip Balm
This delicious lip balm recipe is perfect for wintertime! It’s made with natural ingredients and it’s super easy to make. Plus, it smells amazing!
What You’ll Need:
-1 tablespoon of cocoa butter
-1 tablespoon of beeswax
-1 teaspoon of olive oil
-10 drops of peppermint essential oil
-1⁄2 teaspoon of chocolate extract
-1⁄4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-Food coloring (optional)
-A few tablespoons of sweet almond oil or coconut oil -Step 1: Melt the cocoa butter and beeswax in a double boiler until they are completely melted. Once they’re melted, remove them from the heat and stir in the oils, extracts, food coloring (if desired), and almond or coconut oil. Allow everything to cool down before you move on to step 2.
-Step 2: Pour the mixture into your containers; I like using old lipstick tubes that I’ve washed out first. Place a label on each container so you know what flavor is inside; then let them set up in a cool place overnight before use!