For many people, the first sign of aging that they notice on their face is the darkening of their lips. The lips will naturally start to lose some of their pigmentation as you age, but it doesn’t have to be a dramatic change if you take steps to slow the process down or reverse it entirely. This guide will walk you through the ways to lighten dark lips naturally, so you can make your mouth appear younger and more attractive at any age!
Lemon is one of the most popular remedies when it comes to lightening dark lips. Simply apply fresh lemon juice directly to your lips using a cotton ball, and let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing with water. You can also make a lip scrub by mixing equal parts lemon juice and sugar, and rubbing it on your lips for a minute before rinsing. Do this once or twice a week for best results. Be sure not to lick your lips too much, as the lemon will get in your mouth. If you don’t want to use lemon, there are other ways to lighten dark lips that work just as well.
2) Sugar/ Honey Scrub
Sugar and honey are two natural remedies that can help lighten dark lips. Simply mix together equal parts sugar and honey, then massage the mixture onto your lips in a circular motion. Rinse off with warm water and repeat once or twice a week as needed. In addition, citrus fruits contain citric acid which is very effective at lightening skin tone. So another way to quickly lighten your lips is by eating an orange! If you don’t want to eat an orange every day, you can juice it and use the juice on your lips instead.
Lastly, if all else fails try wearing lighter colors such as pink or red lipstick! The colors will make your lip color appear lighter while also giving them some color.
3) Onion Juice
Onion juice is a simple and effective way to lighten dark lips. Simply apply onion juice to your lips using a cotton ball, and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this process once daily for best results. Remember that the color will not be completely gone after one application; so repeat as needed. You can also add a few drops of lemon juice to make it more potent. However, if you are allergic to any ingredient in the onion juice or have sensitive skin, it may be best to avoid this treatment.
4) Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
1. Did you know that you can use Vaseline petroleum jelly to lighten your dark lips? All you need is a small amount of Vaseline and some time.
2. First, apply a small amount of Vaseline to your lips and massage it in for about two minutes.
3. Next, use a warm washcloth to remove the Vaseline.
4. Repeat this process twice daily for best results.
5. You should see a difference in the darkness of your lips within a few weeks.
6. Not only will this method help lighten your dark lips, but it will also help keep them moisturized and healthy-looking.
5) Tomato Paste
Did you know that you can use tomato paste to lighten your lips? Just apply a small amount of tomato paste to your lips and leave it on for about 15 minutes. You can do this once a day until you see the desired results. Tomato paste is rich in lycopene, which is a natural antioxidant that can help protect your skin from damage. However, if you have sensitive skin or are allergic to tomatoes then be careful with this method as it may cause irritation. In addition, if you don’t want to try out tomato paste there are other ways to lighten dark lips without making a trip to the store!
6) Papaya Fruit
The papaya fruit contains an enzyme called papain, which is often used as a natural exfoliant. To use papaya to lighten your lips, simply rub the flesh of the fruit on your lips for a few minutes. You can also make a paste by mixing equal parts papaya and honey, then applying it to your lips and leaving it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off. For best results, do this once or twice a week. Another option is to place sliced pieces of papaya over your lips for 10-15 minutes. Then gently wipe them away with a wet cloth.
7) Baking Soda + Toothpaste
This is a great way to get started if you’re looking for how to lighten dark lips fast. Simply mix together baking soda and toothpaste, then apply the paste to your lips and leave it on for a few minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and voila! You should see a noticeable difference. However, this isn’t the best method because it can take some time and may irritate your skin. So be careful not to overdo it!
8) Cinnamon + Water
1. Mix together one teaspoon of cinnamon and two tablespoons of water.
2. Apply the mixture to your lips with a cotton ball, and let it sit for about five minutes.
3. Rinse your lips with warm water, and then follow up with your regular lip balm or Vaseline.
4. Repeat this process once or twice a week for best results.
5. You can also try adding a few drops of lemon juice to the mixture, as lemon is known for its natural bleaching properties.
6. If you have sensitive skin, make sure to do a patch test on your arm before applying the mixture to your lips.