Platinum engagement rings are nothing new, but platinum wedding bands are definitely on the rise. Many of the classic styles you see in white gold and yellow gold now come in platinum as well, and with the recent popularity of platinum wedding bands, it’s no surprise that engagement rings are following suit. Platinum has always been one of the more popular precious metals for fine jewelry, but the main disadvantage has been that it tends to be quite expensive compared to other metals such as gold or silver. However, recently platinum prices have stabilized while gold prices continue to increase.
The History of Platinum
Platinum has been used in jewelry for centuries, but it wasn’t until the late 1800s that it became a popular choice for engagement rings. That’s because platinum is a rare metal that is both beautiful and costly. Today, platinum is still a popular choice for engagement rings, thanks to its unique designs and the fact that it can withstand high demands. However, some women prefer other metals, such as gold or silver, because they are less expensive.
The most expensive part of an engagement ring is usually the center stone, so women who want a more affordable ring may want to consider purchasing a diamond separately. Another consideration is that platinum scratches easily, which can make the design of the ring difficult to see. Some women feel that this makes their rings look cheaper.
Despite these drawbacks, many people believe that platinum is worth the extra cost because it will never tarnish and it resists chemicals like chlorine better than other metals.
The Benefits of Platinum
Platinum rings are beautiful, durable, and expensive. But what are the benefits of platinum engagement rings?
Here are seven reasons why platinum is the perfect metal for your engagement ring.
1. Platinum is a beautiful white metal that will never yellow or fade.
2. Platinum is extremely durable, meaning your ring will withstand daily wear and tear.
3. Platinum is one of the most expensive metals, so you know your ring will be valuable for years to come.
4. Platinum rings are rarer than gold rings, making them even more special.
5. Platinum rings have a simple elegance that will never go out of style.
6. Platinum rings can be passed down as family heirlooms for generations to come.
7. It’s a great investment for those who like the idea of their ring being worth more in the future than it does now.
With all these benefits, it’s no wonder that platinum has become such a popular choice for engagement rings!
Shopping for a Platinum Engagement Ring
Platinum engagement rings are the perfect way to symbolize your everlasting love. Platinum is the strongest and most durable metal, making it a perfect choice for an engagement ring. Platinum is also hypoallergenic, so if you have sensitive skin, a platinum ring is a great option. Plus, platinum rings are beautiful and timeless.
Here are a few tips for shopping for a platinum engagement ring:
1. Decide on your budget. How much can you afford to spend on an engagement ring?
2. Choose the style of ring you want. Do you want a solitaire ring or one with multiple diamonds?
3. Consider the size of the diamond. How big do you want the stone to be? The price of the ring will increase depending on how large the diamond is.
4. Make sure there’s enough space in your finger for a platinum band (or another type of band). You’ll need enough room so that it won’t get caught when wearing gloves or jewelry made from materials other than platinum.
5. Find out what carat weight is available for your budget range. Before choosing an engagement ring, you should know what options are available since this may affect how much you’re willing to spend.
How to Save Money When Shopping for a Platinum Engagement Ring
When it comes to buying a platinum engagement ring, there are a few things you can do to save money.
First, be sure to shop around and compare prices from different jewelers.
Second, don’t be afraid to negotiate with the jeweler on the price of the ring.
Third, don’t forget to factor in the cost of insurance when budgeting for your ring.
Fourth, consider purchasing a used or vintage platinum ring.
Fifth, ask about payment plans or financing options when making your purchase.
Sixth, be sure to get your ring appraised after you purchase it.
Finally, remember that the cost of a platinum engagement ring varies depending on the quality of the metal and the size and style of the ring. It’s always best to look at a wide range of rings before deciding which one is right for you. Keep these tips in mind while shopping for your platinum engagement ring to ensure you find the perfect one. You may also want to take a step back and reflect on what you value most in life.
Designs Featuring Platinum
A platinum engagement ring is a popular choice for many couples. Platinum is a strong and durable metal, making it a good choice for an engagement ring. Platinum is also hypoallergenic, so it’s a good choice for people with allergies. Platinum rings can be designed in many different ways. Some popular platinum ring designs feature diamonds or other gemstones.
Platinum With a Colored Gem
There’s no need to limit platinum to diamonds. It can also look great with colored gems. Emerald-Cut Carrie Ring (pictured) from Gemvara is available in over 20 different gem options for the eight-millimeter emerald-cut center stone. The platinum setting, which features dozens of small diamonds, provides a picturesque backdrop.
Platinum With Other Metals
One reason why platinum can go well with other metals is because of its cool color. White or yellow gold is commonly used to decorate the platinum bands because it’s softer and provides a more secure setting.
Platinum With Filigree
Filigree is a style that has ancient roots and has been around for centuries. The lines, circles, dots and other designs on it add texture to a ring. Some styles are also inspired by more modern designs. For example, skulls are often found in filigree. If you like something different than flowers or hearts on your engagement ring, a skull might be just what you need!